Joomla Template Step By Step Tutorial: If we are lazy, we can use Dreamweaver to help us write XHTML code. We can use template page that exist at Dreamweaver feature. In this post, we will talk how to make Joomla template use Dreamweaver CS3. But, before continue; please understand about module’s and component’s position at here. Better, if you read this post too.
- First, open your Dreamweaver CS3. Click File > New. You will get New Document Dialog Box.
- Choose Blank Page.
- Choose PHP.
- Choose 3 column liquid, header, and footer.
- Click Create button.
- In document toolbar, click Split. We can see page as code and design.
- Please understand that we will write position code like following image:
For example, we rewrite for header like this:
Next, insert all position code like this:
- Save this file as “index.php” within joomla/templates/dm3 (create folder named “dm3”).
- Create a file named TemplateDetail.xml within joomla/template/dm3. Enter following code:
- Now, login as administrator.
- Then click extensions > template manager.
- Choose dm3.
- Click default.
Now, point your browser to Joomla frontpage (http://localhost/joomla). You should get like this: